Asian Slaw Ingredients:
2 cups of packaged of coleslaw mix, or 1 cup of green cabbage mixed with 1 cup of shredded carrot
2 tbsp Naked Coconuts Soyless Sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp lime juice
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
Teriyaki Burger Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower*
½ cup Naked Coconuts Sesame Garlic Teriyaki Sauce
2 gluten-free, or whole wheat buns
2 tbsp Naked Coconuts Sesame Garlic Teriyaki Sauce
½ avocado, thinly sliced
¼ cup crushed cashews
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- To make the slaw, add the coleslaw mix (or cabbage and carrots) to a medium bowl and add the remainder of the sauce ingredients. Toss to combine and place in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Wash cauliflower and remove the larger leaves from the bottom, retaining as much as the core as possible (it helps keep the cauliflower together when cooking).
- Cut the cauliflower down the middle, then cut two 1” steaks on either side.
- Add ½ cup of Teriyaki Sauce to a shallow dish and place each piece of cauliflower in the sauce, one at a time, flipping to coat the cauliflower in the sauce on all sides. Use a spoon to add sauce between the florets.
- Cook cauliflower on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through (move them around so they sit in the sauce).
- To assemble, add 1 tbsp of Teriyaki Sauce to each bun, followed by one cooked “steak”, ¼ avocado, 1 cup of slaw, and ⅛ cup crushed cashews.