1 tsp Naked Coconuts virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ banana, sliced into rounds
1 cup of gluten-free oats, rye, or spelt flakes
1 cup of non-dairy milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
Other toppings of choice: granola, coconut flakes, etc.
- Heat up coconut oil in a small frying pan until melted.
- Spread out evenly in a thin layer using a spatula.
- Add maple syrup and spread out evenly.
- Add banana slices and cook on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour oats/flakes to a small pot and add non-dairy milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes, adding extra liquid as needed.
- When done, the oats/flakes should be soft, well incorporated and a minimal amount of liquid should remain.
- Place oatmeal in a bowl and top with peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, caramelized bananas, and other desired toppings.